01 December 2008

How To Play Yourself.

For as long as I can remember dudes have always thought they were slicker than me.

Some still do. This could not be further from the truth. Even if I don't say anything...I still know. Remember that. I always find out. Always.

With that being said...

How To Play Yourself. Part I.

This is the story...


*Ronnie called himself trying to talk to me for a while. From what I hear I'm pretty so he's not the only one. Anyway, a little after that he was kind of talking to somebody else I know...

He doesn't know I knew that.

To shorten the story up, she eventually was taken out of the picture do to unforseen circumstances. Guess what happened after that. He asked for my number. So I gave it to him because I wanted to see how he was gonna try and play this. I had no intrest. Somebody else had my attention at the moment. So after a couple conversations I stopped. I have to really like you to want to keep up contact and have casual random conversations with you.


But how did he play himself? That's what you wanna know right? Well...

I was in a stall at work and I hear a girl come in and say,

"Yeah she called from a restricted number and I didn't answer so she called back and then I answered"

So I'm like whatever..another one of these..then I hear...

"So she asked me 'do you talk to Ronnie?'"

At this point I'm fully into the conversation...

"So I told her 'yeah who is this?' and she said 'I'm his baby's mother'"

The conversation goes on and I find out the girl doesn't know how the mother got her number (his phone, duh), she has been talking to him for a month and the baby mama has been on and off with him for 3 years. She said she lives with him but that may or not be true because she may have been lying...according to the girl.

But..

Trying to play me is one of the many ways you play yourself, sir.


*So Ronnie clearly isn't his name. His name isn't that common. That's why the chances of the girl at the same job as me talking about the same "Ronnie" that also has a kid (I'd heard that before) are better than the odds of it not being him.

There's much more to this story but...I'm typing on a phone. We all know how efficient and comfortable that is.

No comments: