13 October 2008

Best Weekend Ever?

I have a Top 5 Weekends of My Life list. Okay not really but I can remember 5 that really stand out. This last weekend just bumped the last one out. I'm not sure if it's number one but it is damn sure up there.

Okay, so two of these weekends involve Lupe of course and 2 more of them involve somebody else...but anyway...

I went to see Lupe this Saturday. Although the set was shorter than I would have liked it to be it was ridiculously great.

Seriously. lol.

I don't think I've ever seen anybody perform so..hard. I've never seen him so energetic. I kind of almost expected him to pass out from exhaustion. He was that gone. That show was the epitome of someone going into another zone when they performed.

KayCee, who is cool as shit by the way, posted a review of the concert and even though other ones are more detailed I think hers gives you the jist of what happened.

Some dude pissed on the floor and ....man this is gonna sound like a bad joke but I'll say it anyway...he ended up pissing everybody off around him and they got him kicked out. Hey, I warned you.

What else...Lu's opening act had a mascot who was almost as, if not more, entertaining than they were at some points. If anybody remembers what their name was and the name of that last song they did it'd be greatly
appreciated.

What else...oh..sound in the front wasn't all that great but at least I got to see everything without having to stand on my toes.

There was some groupie-like girls behind me and I think they had a part in trying to get the crowd to yell "Loopy". Of course that shit didn't fly. Even with half the people there not knowing who Lu was.

Even though I don't drink there are blocks of time that have been lost from that night so I may skip around in the events....ok..

So Lu apparently looked right at me at one point..somebody else told me this. Of course I didn't catch that. Bishop said KayCees name in his freestyle that I could barely hear up front and she didn't catch that at all lol, uhh Lu shouted out the blog right after he looked down at her. That got screams from random people. I also heard a guy behind me say that we "must be from the blog".

He was half right, lol.

I remember losing my voice for a second after yelling the words to
Sunshine, Paris, Tokyo, Kick Push, Daydreamin, I Gotcha, Superstar,
Hi-Definition, Dumb It Down, HHSML, & Go Go Gadget Flow. I think thats all of em
lol. [That's more than 7 songs by the way].

SIDENOTE: I loved the whole 'I love you' thing before Superstar. I'm
still singing it lol. AND I don't understand how once he said 'because you are..' people didn't see Superstar coming from a mile away. People in there sounded amazed once he said 'a superstar'afterwards. Seriously?

Anyway, apparently people are fans but can't tell Bishop from Gem,
Lupe has perfect timing, I'm 'skinny & pretty', vending machines DO
NOT take $5 bills, & pimples do come up the day before important
events just like in the movies and on tv.

4 comments:

Samson said...

Yeah when I saw lupe at the glow tour, that dude was perfoming like he was gone off that shit for reals.. I mean he ran all the way up the amphitheater steps rapping up and down the whole way...

But no pics? Shame, shame...

Anonymous said...

your review trumps mine my friend :)

Anonymous said...

oh and you are so right...random ass people did start screaming when he shouted out the blog lmao

aeriin said...

yes, really.

pero i dont kno what ur talkin bout lol